Advanced Study (20hr): Yoga Therapy with Inge Peters
Introduction to Yoga TherapyIn this 20- hour program we will introduce Yogatherapy as an approach of traditional Yoga and Ayurveda, combined with supplemental techniques, tools, practices. We will explore how to address a variety of health issues, with an open holistic view and practical skills.
You will gain basic knowledge about how to respond and understand your own experience and how to approach students.
The approach is direct and practical and very much experience based so you will be invited to practice and explore in your own body as a field of knowledge.
This training can be both for students suffering from certain health issues and teachers who want to refine their knowledge and skills.
Note that this is not a training to become a yogatherapist, for that you need an extended training, but it will give you a basic foundation and taste of a yogatherapeutic approach.
During this program we will explore the basic principles of Yogatherapy with:
• Yogatherapy approach (Svastha Yoga) on certain health issues
• Framework and how to recognise certain issues
• Practical skills and tools, like recoursing through asana, sensing the body, pranayama, mantra/ affirmations, images etc
• Sensing the body and emotions through inquiry and focussing
• Deep rest and relaxation with Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
• Acceptance and response
We will explore on a range of health issues like:
• Stress and overwhelm
• Burn out
• Anxiety & Fear
• Chronic fatigue
• Grief and Loss
* this can be adapted to what is appropriate in the groupsetting.
This workshop will be in English.
Date: Wednesday 10 & 17 February, 2021
Time: 09.30 - 17.30 hr
Place: De Nieuwe Yogaschool, Amsterdam
Level: Anyone interested in yoga therapy