With busy and active lives, taking time to consciously rest and restore your body and mind is very important in maintaining physical and mental peace. Restorative yoga is the art of learning to be supported as the postures will have you being held by props while you relax deeply in shapes that promote your vitality. David will guide students into restorative poses and then serenade the busy mind to Shanti Town (Shanti is the Sanskrit word for Peace) with live music.
- Open to students of all levels
About David Lurey
David Lurey, 500 E-RYT, was introduced to Yoga in 1996 as a way to tone his body and relieve work related stress. Using those as a foundation for building an Asana practice, the other limbs of Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga began to unfold leading him to the path of teaching transformational Yoga.
David lives in Palma de Mallorca, Spain co-creating courses and trainings to ‘Inspire Health and Vitality’ with his beloved wife, Mirjam Wagner.
Using various spiritual teachings as guidelines for classes, David takes students through opening and often challenging Asanas while encouraging the magical power of breath and mental stillness to cultivate the true loving nature of the heart. This appears in several styles of Yoga that David shares in his teachings:
- Mindful Spirited Vinyasa with attention to the physiology, anatomy and alignment of the poses combined with energetic presence.
- AcroYoga for building connection, trust and communication between humans.
- Green Yoga as a journey and exploration to connect to the planet, cosmos and all the non-human beings on Earth.
- Bhakti Yoga for the Devotional spirit… My Bhakti practice takes form mostly in the singing of Kirtan and Mantras but is also connected to acts of kindness and being of service.
In addition to teaching Asana classes, David brings a heartfelt passion for music and singing into all his programs. He has recorded 3 CDs and performed countless events where music, community and singing come together in ecstatic bliss.This workshop is in English
Date: Sunday September 9th
Tijd: 16:00 - 19:00 hr
Would you like to join the weekend package with David Lurey? CLICK HERE >