Deepen your understanding of the energy body by exploring the seven main energy centres known as chakras.
The chakras are subtle energy centres located within the body and govern us on an emotional, physical, physiological and psychological level. When we connect with these energy centres we have the opportunity for development, healing and transformation. The chakras receive, process, store and express life force energy and if these energy centres are deficient or excessive there can be imbalances in our personal life and also in our interaction with others.
During these four 2 hour workshops you will deepen your awareness and knowledge of the seven most commonly accepted chakras. We will discuss the elements associated with each chakra and explore how to stimulate these vital points using yoga poses, meditation and other methods.
We will cover the following (and more!)
- Discuss the seven most commonly accepted chakras from the Hindu philosophy
- Look at what a chakra is, how it functions and why it is important
- Explore how the chakras affect your physical presence, pleasure and enjoyment, willpower, happiness, communication, imagination and consciousness
- Discuss the basic associations of each chakra
- Observe the information the chakras offer us and use this information to your benefit
- Look at how we can stimulate these energy centres using asana (both yin and yang yoga poses), visualisation, meditation, affirmations and pranayama (breath exercises)
- Create a yin yoga practice and a yang yoga practice to encourage harmony in the chakras
About Anita Smith
Anita is a British Wheel of Yoga accredited teacher and trained at one of Europe’s leading yoga institutes, Triyoga, in London. She is a member of Yoga Alliance and has been practicing yoga since 1996.
Anita’s passion for yoga shines through when she teaches. She encourages her students to engage both their body and mind whilst maintaining a sense of enjoyment.
This workshop is in English.
Data: Wednesday November 15, 22, 29 and December 6
Time: 20.00u - 22.00u